Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sailing On The Waves of Rock n' Roll


It feels like Christmas Eve. No, it's not the chill that is lingering in the air, or my new toque that is already been put to use. It's the excitement that is building in anticipation for the "Pull Together Tour" with Entire Cities and The Weather Station that kicks off tomorrow.

Kingston, ON at the Mansion is the first stop of many. It seems like I've been waiting for this opportunity for a lifetime, yet I only really found out about the tour just over a month ago. Likewise, I only really got familiar with Entire Cities around the same time that I joined the band. Yeah, I'm the new guy, and yet it feels like a perfect fit.

Posters and press are being posted. I feel like a broken record promoting and hitting every resource from Toronto to Halifax to spread the good word. On the topic, I was interviewed recently on the subject of being the new kid on the block. Also, Simon and Ruhee were interviewed by the Kingstonist.

I have a good feeling about this. There is a rumbling in my belly [nope, not the hummus and cuke sammich] that tells me this is going to be an experience I won't soon forget.

My memory does indeed serve me well, however I will be blogging and documenting via video camera and standard pictures along the way to ensure all the key moments are captured. I'll leave out the boring stuff like my laundry that really needs to be done, or filling my stick bag, or sitting on the floor with all my cymbals lined up while trying to decide what ones to take and what sad soul will be left behind.

...are we there yet? Maybe it is the toque. Maybe it's the Erdinger Weißbier Dunkel. Maybe a little of column A and a little of column B. Maybe I really love a season of roasted malt in a well crafted beverage. I hope to encounter a few local brews and breweries along the way of my high hopped adventure. Any suggestions for the road are more than welcome.

Here you can read first hand what it's like to tour through the eyes of a drummer.

Here we are, sailing on the waves of rock n' roll.

High-ho silver, AWAY!



Cheers,


- Bartle




No comments:

Post a Comment